Thursday, February 21, 2008

iPod touch home controller project PART 2

DESCRIPTION

After a brief introduction on my iPod touch remote control project, here we are.


The computer runs on a Linux Ubuntu.

In order to send IR codes to the equipments and learn codes from existing remotes, the computer uses a USB IR Transmitter, available at usbuirt.com.


Linux drivers are available and easy to set up. It's also provided with an API wich you can implement in a simple catch/send program.

This screenshot shows a simple test program that catchs IR signals. I simply put my remote control in front of the module, press the 'power' button and here what I get : 

This way I can get easily every codes of my equipments.

I'll use the Pronto format. A lot of ressources and equipements codes on that format are available on remotecentral.com

Now that basic IR reception/emission is working, let's talk about the software on part 3.

No comments: